Hundreds of Ecommerce Marketing Options
There are many ways to market your Ecommerce business. Scott Brinker updates the Marketing Technology Landscape graphic each year which shows the number of marketing technology companies doubling from 2014 to 2015. While this may seem overwhelming your takeaway should be that there are solutions available today that can help you grow your Ecommerce business.
Remember that Ecommerce is always changing so experimentation, testing and measurement are critical in order to find the right solutions for your company’s specific needs.
Ecommerce Marketing Basics
The following are some of the basic marketing tactics you should use for all Ecommerce stores. Whether you are running your own Ecommerce store or are using a marketplace like Amazon or a discovery site like Ariba or ThomasNet these are some of the basic marketing tactics you should use along with any specific capabilities that each 3rd party site provides:
- SEO optimization – site, categories and products
- Comprehensive product information
- Social Media Integration
- Customer Service (chat, phone, email)
- Brand and product reviews
- Sales and Product Promotions
- Email Marketing
As quickly as possible you should consider the following very effective solutions:
- Paid search / Google Shopping
- Remarketing and Retargeting
- Shopping Cart Abandonment
How We Can Help
We start with a review of what your company is doing today to:
- Drive traffic to your Ecommerce stores
- Improve conversion of your browsers to buyers
- Increase your average order value and order profitability
- Increase lifetime value of customer – buyer frequency and retention
- Provide superior customer service
Our review will identify the marketing solutions that should be implemented or improved to give you immediate results. We can then assist you in implementing the solutions or provide guidance and education to your internal staff to ensure a successful implementation.